Houston Interpreters and Translators Association, HITA
American Translators Association, ATA
Writing for Translation
My name is Steven Marzuola, and I was raised and later worked
in Venezuela. Today I live in Houston, Texas, where I apply my oil
industry experience, advanced technical education, and attention to
detail to provide the best possible translation and interpreting
services. My clients include leaders in the oil and gas industry, as
well as general business, service, and manufacturing.
As I become familiar with my clients' particular requirements,
I can provide greater consistency in the style and terminology that is
delivered to my customers. Shorter, direct lines of communication
result in better turn-around times and immediate answers about
scheduling and availability.
Translation and Interpretation specialties:
- Petroleum drilling and production terminology.
and maintenance manuals. Technical
Standards and Specifications (API, ASTM,
- Bid tender documents, business
- Finance and economics
- Environmental impact statements
- Contracts, "Due Diligence" documents
- Simultaneous and consecutive interpretation: Conferences, contract negotiations, training.
- Native speaker of American English
- Near-native Spanish, approx. 17 years in Venezuela
- Work assignments in Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Equatorial Guinea, Mexico, and Spain
- High-speed, high-quality translation of AutoCAD drawings.
- Use of “translation memory” software, to leverage previous translations, boost productivity and consistency.
Presentation Quality, for use in correspondence, brochures, printed catalogs, etc. Precise grammar and terminology, localization for intended audience.
For Information Only: to rapidly present the sense of the document, where delivery time is more important than appearance, etc.
Summary, (i.e. 2-4 sentences per page) to facilitate a decision on whether to proceed with a complete translation.
- Quotations at no charge.
Work Experience and Education:
Oilfield services and equipment industry; sales manufacturing plant manager, quality consultant.
Applications engineer for oilfield equipment and service providers
Software engineer, aerospace industry.
- Degrees in mechanical engineering (BS, Magna Cum Laude,
Texas A&M University) and
computer science (Masters,
- Full-time translation/interpretation since 1992.
- Adjunct Professor, Houston Community College, course in technical translation.
- Houston Interpreters and Translators Association, HITA.
- Former President, Vice President, Web Editor, Public Relations
- Presentations on use of computers in translation, oil and gas production
- American Translators Association, ATA.
- Co-moderator, Help Desk for Translators discussion group
- Member of Toastmasters
Computer hardware and software:
- Microsoft Windows, Office
- Déjà Vu translation memory software
- Multi-language dictionaries, reference materials, glossaries
- FineReader OCR, scanner
- Broadband Internet access
- Audio transcription equipment.